5 Shocking Facts You Need to Know About B Vitamins for Weight Loss
You May Find #1 Surprising!
Did you know that B vitamins for weight loss are one of the most important supplements that your body needs just to carry out some everyday functions? Certain B vitamins are a key ingredient for the optimization of healthy body processes including the production of hormones, energy, metabolism of fat, protein, carbohydrates, digestion, nerve cell function, muscles, skin, hair, and the production of red blood cells.
When your intake of essential nutrients is not adequate, you can experience the extremely low energy state and may not feel like exercising or even going out into the outside world. Not having adequate levels of vitamin B can also cause anemia and fatigue. If you have a vitamin B deficiency, you can suffer from a variety of side effects including fog brain, confusion, irritability, depression, and canker sores.
1. There are Different Types of B Vitamins for Weight Loss
Your body needs foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals and all of the other components necessary to stay healthy. Research has shown that B vitamins for weight loss are an essential part of any health regime, especially where diet is concerned.
There is more than one type of B vitamin and not everyone is aware of that because some of them are named differently!
- Vitamin B-1 or Thiamine aids the body in metabolizing carbohydrates and sugar and converting it to energy. It also is essential for healthy muscle, nerve cells, hair, and skin.
- Vitamin B2 or Riboflavin is added to many commercial kinds of cereal. The problem is, those cereals are also generally very rich in sugar, so that makes them a poor dietary choice. Unhealthy sugar is everywhere and it is crucial that it has to be reduced, where possible, from the diet. Vitamin B2 allows the body to convert food to energy and maintains the production of red blood cells, nerve cells, nails, skin, and hair. It keeps the metabolism going and is an important antioxidant for combatting free radicals.
- Vitamin B3 or Niacin is necessary for the body to metabolize fat and carbohydrates. It can maintain blood cells, healthy skin, the brain and the nervous system. It helps the body to convert food to energy.
- Vitamin B5 or Pantothenic Acid is required to generate energy and all metabolic processes. It is regarded as an “anti-stress” vitamin because it can combat fatigue along with stress and is crucial for the production of red blood cells and hormones, which are necessary for the fight against stress.
- Vitamin B6 or Pyridoxine is associated with over one hundred enzyme reactions that assist the metabolic process. It is a major factor in the development of the brain in utero and in infants. It is necessary for the production of energy, boosts the function of the immune system and assists with cognitive function.
- Vitamin B7 or Biotin helps in the conversion of food to energy as well as the metabolism of amino acids. It also handles the production of fatty acids and glucose and keeps bones and hair healthy.
- Vitamin B8 or Folate is necessary for brain development and spine health in developing embryos. It also helps with red blood cell production and can lower the risk of heart disease.
- Vitamin B12, known as Cobalamin is the B vitamin that many people concentrate on because it has the most weight loss benefits. This vitamin is necessary for red blood cell formation which ensures that the entire body is supplied with oxygen. This vitamin is also completely necessary for DNA synthesis and brain function as well as energy production.
2. Vitamin B12 Injections are not Needed to Amplify B Vitamins for Weight Loss
Surprisingly, one does not have to inject Vitamin B12 or any other B vitamin to reap the benefits of them. It has been widely discussed online and among certain diet gurus that Vitamin B12 injections are the best way to boost one’s metabolism and therefore lead to serious weight loss.
These injections are completely unnecessary and very expensive and should not be undertaken by anyone. If one is following a healthy diet with normal portions and exercising regularly, then weight loss should occur naturally.
Who in their right mind wants to inject themselves with needles every day anyway? These injections are meant to be to the stomach area, and that is a very tender place indeed. If you are like most people, you probably do not enjoy needles, so you are likely happy to hear that injections are not as effective as once thought.
Most people want weight loss to occur quickly, but the fact is that it takes clean eating, proper supplementation and the right exercise regime to lose weight. Supplements and injections are something that may assist with weight loss, but they are not going to accelerate it. The mere fact that supplements and B Vitamins provide more energy can assist you to become more active.
3. Natural Foods are the Best Source for B Vitamins
If you want to absorb more Vitamin B, you simply need to eat more healthy Vitamin B rich foods that will help to boost your metabolism and aid in weight loss.
These foods are all rich in Vitamin B and are an important part of most people’s diets :
- Leafy Green Vegetables (spinach, kale, lettuce)
- Oatmeal (steel cut – longer cooking – not quick oats)
- Eggs (organic)
- Liver (not everyone’s favorite, but a great source)
- Whole grains including millet, brown rice and quinoa
- Poultry including turkey, chicken, Cornish game hens
- Red meat – lean ground beef and wild game – moose, elk, deer
- Natural Probiotic yogurt, 0% is best with no added sugar
- Seafood – the salmon, is a particularly rich source
- Shellfish and mollusks – clams, scallops, mussels and oysters
- Breakfast cereals that are fortified with B vitamins
4. To Supplement or Not to Supplement B Vitamins for Weight Loss
There are several factors to consider when deciding whether you should consume B Vitamin supplements :
- B Vitamins play an important role in the production of energy and the boosting of the metabolism and this is why many believe that B vitamins are essential and should be taken as a supplement. This can accelerate weight loss, but mostly if it is absorbed properly.
- Each B-complex vitamin has a specific role to play in the maintenance of a healthy body. Ingesting more of something does not mean that you will reap more benefits. As mentioned earlier in this article, since these vitamins are water soluble, your body will simply eliminate the excess vitamins in urine.
- Vegetarians tend to be at a higher risk of B vitamin deficiencies because they do not eat animal products which contain these important B vitamins. It is important for non-meat eaters to ensure that they supplement with enough B vitamins to ensure that any symptoms of anemia are reversed or eliminated.
- You will never overdose on B vitamins or harm yourself in any way. This is because these vitamins are water soluble which means that the body excretes them when you urinate. Vitamin B12 can be stored for quite some time in the liver.
5. Things to Keep in Mind About B Vitamins for Weight Loss
- B vitamins are an essential part of any healthy diet and you should probably get enough of them in what you are eating if you consume a wide range of healthy foods as in the list above.
- Injections are widely available but are not recommended because improper injection techniques can leave scarring and cause damage to otherwise healthy tissue
- Supplements are healthy, but it is a good idea to seek medical advice to determine if you have a B vitamin deficiency. Request that your doctor requisition a blood workup so that they can analyze your requirements. B vitamins may not be the only deficiency you have.
- You should get plenty of sleep each night – at the bare minimum, ensure you are getting 7 hours of solid, restful sleep. If you are not getting enough sleep, it can cause a vitamin deficiency and lead to a strain on the body.
We have become a quick-fix society where we expect instant results in every aspect of our lives. We expect to be healthy by virtue of what we eat, but the truth is that many of us need to step back and examine our eating habits. You should consider eliminating processed foods because they are toxic to the body and strip away nutrition and vitamins from it.
Did you enjoy this article? Do you take B Vitamins for weight loss, for health or do you just get what you need from the food you eat? I wrote this article to try to help people understand the importance of B Vitamins and how they can gain the most benefit from them.
- Please feel free to share with others!