Benefits of Oolong Tea Weight Loss
A tea that is derived from a plant known as Camellia sinensis and consumed by many is oolong. This tea has been long known as a type of tea that helps with weight loss by speeding up the metabolism and decreasing body fat. It can also block enzymes that build fat and help a person to prevent the weight from returning once they have worked so hard to lose it.
The tea also assists in the construction of a healthier immune system along with many other known and proven health benefits. There are many advantages of oolong tea weight loss including not having to follow a diet or worry too much about what types of foods you are consuming, as long as you have a plan.
Health Perks of Oolong Tea
Oolong tea contains antioxidants which can help to increase metabolism by as much as 10% for as long as two hours after one has consumed the tea. It is also thought to provide protection from chronic illnesses. Antioxidants can help with fast and effective fat burning in the stomach and areas of the upper arm in particular. The immune system is boosted and made healthier too.
Oolong tea contains caffeine. This ingredient, in combination with EGCGs, which are listed in oolong tea, will increase fat oxidation.
Blood sugar is naturally regulated with this tea which helps to decrease cravings, meaning that you will not eat as many foods that are unhealthy for you since you won't crave them. Oolong tea tastes very good, so it is something that people actually want to drink and enjoy drinking.
Oolong tea contains polyphenols which help to block dietary fat absorption and lower cholesterol by as much as 50% when it is consumed 3 times daily. The polymerized polyphenols contribute to increase energy expenditure by the body.
When you consume a diet high in fat, you can actually prevent obesity by drinking this tea, and it helps to reduce fat around the abdomen and your LDL cholesterol without nasty side effects.
What Quantity of Oolong Tea do you Need to Drink?
If you are looking for noticeable weight loss results, you need to consume a minimum of two full servings of oolong tea each day.
- Try to consume one cup in the morning and one cup in the evening
- If you are used to drinking latte, try substituting Oolong tea in for that drink instead.
This aromatic tea will assist in burning fat and will also prevent fat from coming back. Oolong tea costs a lot less money than any of those fancy teas that you can purchase at a coffee shop.
Tips for Effective Use of Oolong Tea
This flavourful tea requires no sweeteners or added milk to enhance the flavor. In fact, it is best enjoyed as plainly as possible and offers many excellent wellness benefits. Drink the tea a minimum of three times daily to gain the maximum benefits of the tea.
Drink this tea at least 30 minutes prior to a workout and enjoy a cup late in the day to curb that sweet tooth. If you lack energy, this is a good tea to consume. Enjoy Oolong tea together with a low carb diet and workout on a regular basis.
Don't steep the tea for any longer than is recommended on the package. Be aware of your daily intake of caffeine and consume this tea to help strengthen the immune system.
Never go over the recommended amount for daily consumption.
- Over-consumption could result in the high levels of fluorides which can cause skeletal fluorosis.
- Side effects of too much caffeine including anxiety, dehydration, restlessness, diarrhea, tremors, PMS, depression, sleep issues and excessive urination
If you plan to start consuming oolong tea as a part of a weight management regime, you should check with your doctor.
Don't drink oolong tea if you are pregnant or nursing. If you drink too much of this tea, it can cause kidney stones, hypokalemia, beriberi, a tea allergy, render medications ineffective or cause an upset stomach.
Best Methods for Making Oolong Tea for Weight Loss:
When it comes to Oolong Tea, there are several ways that you can use to make the tea, and the method you use depends on which one is best for you. Here are several methods for making the tea:
- First Method
- Fourth Method
- Boil water to between 190 and 200 degrees F
- Add the water to a cup
- Add loose oolong tea leaves to a tea infuser – one or two leaves per cup of tea
- Allow to steep for 2 – 6 minutes
- Drink twice daily with meals
- Combine one tsp of oolong tea with one cup of boiled water
- Allow to steep for between 10 and 15 min
- Strain tea, allowing it to cool a little
- Sip and enjoy
- Add one tablespoon of oolong tea and green tea to hot water
- Steep - 5 to 10 minutes
- Strain and cool to a consumable temperature
- Drink the tea twice daily – early morning and late afternoon
- Steep a tea bag filled with oolong tea for 1 ½ minutes and cover
- Remove the tea bag and drink the tea
- You can re-use a tea bag, but you will need to steep it for longer using another cup of hot water
- Repeat on a regular basis for the best results.
Oolong tea can help to promote strong teeth, make skin appear flawless and foster a body healthy.